Weekly Wonder - July 30
Happy Tuesday fam! I'm honestly shocked that I did anything aside from pack last week because we are moving next week (if ya haven’t heard)! But I did and lived to tell the tale. Read on for the highlights from last week...
- JOSH AND I HAVE BEEN MARRIED FOR 9 YEARS. Not going to lie, this year's celebration was really low key because we are literally hemorrhaging money during this process of selling and buying a new home. We did get our first child-free weekend since Jonas was born last weekend, so that definitely counts for something. Very thankful for that alone time with Josh and for my parents who made it possible. Connection is everything.
- Jonas had the last day of his first year of school. It's crazy to think that he's been in school for an entire year. They sent him home with a picture that was taken at the beginning of the year and he's grown so freaking much. Cue all the mom tears. The bright (and difficult) side is that I get to have him home with me (and at work with me) for a week and a half before school starts for the fall. He goes back to school the day we are moving sooooo I'm not sure how that's going to work yet, but we will figure it out! I'm grateful for this time I get to have with him even if it does mean some extra juggling of work and childcare. He's just the best and I'm soaking up every moment with him.
- If you didn't see my Instagram post, I saw Made for More by @msrachelhollis in theater with some of my sister friends. Rachel's words are fiery, powerful, and I just appreciate who she is so much. If you ever feel stuck or unmotivated, just read through some of her content on social media or her book "Girl, Wash Your Face" and that funk you're in will be replaced with a freaking fire under your butt. Rachel is a true testament to the power of a woman who is unafraid to live her life with passion unhindered by others' expectations.
- If you want or need any more motivation to exercise and move your body, listen to this 13 minute TED talk by Wendy Suzuki titled "The Brain-Changing Benefits of Exercise." Her research shows that exercise increases the size of our hippocampus which literally protects us for a longer time from degenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s and dementia. I'm not a scientist, so I cannot explain it in technical details but my mind was blown and it light s FIRE under my butt to move my body more frequently. Anything I can do to be a healthy presence for my family for as long as I can....sign me up.
- We mayyy be going back to Walt Disney World in a few weeks and my inner child is ecstatic. I'm travelling to Orlando for a work trip and Josh and Jonas may meet me at Disney when I'm done working for a long weekend of exploring the parks. If you don't know, I'm a bit Disney obsessed and Walt Disney World is one of my favorite places on earth. All of this to say, I've been binge watching Disney Food Blog's YouTube channel and making a list of the not to be missed eats. Disney Food Blog is a fantastic resource if you are planning a trip to the parks any time soon...and I not so secretly want their jobs.
Love you guys and hope your week is fantastic!
PS. We got Jonas a little Jurassic Park Lego Duplo set and he's so obsessed with the Lego Dinosaur that he's been sleeping with it. He's never been attached enough to any toy to want to sleep with it and it's the cutest thing ever. And no, he's never seen Jurassic Park. He has, however, seen The Land Before Time (duh).