Weekly Wonder - August 6
Welp, you guys...we were supposed to move tomorrow, but our buyers pushed out the closing date another 8 days. So, we'll be here living out of boxes for another week. So ready for this process to be over and to get settled in our new house. Honestly, I didn't do much last week aside from packing but here are a few highlights...
- Jonas didn't have school last week so he we got a lot of quality time with him and he got to spend a day with his grandparents...which he always loves.
- We are launching a podcast and event series at work (The Collective Global) which I'm so excited about! We recorded a practice podcast last week and had such a great time discussing what makes my heart beat. If you're in the Nashville area, I'd love to meet you in person at our networking and learning workshop. Register here!
- I listened to a Ted Talk podcast by Marily Oppezzo about a simple way to be more creative...take a walk! The 5 minute talk is definitely worth a listen if you do anything creative.
- We joined Jonas at his back to school carnival over the weekend. He got to see his new classroom and meet his new teacher (he loved both!). He got to enjoy a bounce house for the first time and still hasn't stopped talking about it.
- I asked you all via Instagram stories what your favorite parenting books are and got some awesome recommendations...thank you! I'm currently diving into The Awakened Family: How to Raise Empowered, Resilient, and Conscious Children by Shefali Tsabary and it's blowing my mind and making me cry. This recommendation specifically came from my dear friend Lauren at Ampersand Mother. Ps. I'm a huge book nerd and I'm always reading at least two books and read almost every day. If you're interested in keeping up with what's currently on my nightstand, follow me on Good Reads.
That's all for this week dear friends! I hope this post find you well and connected to your heart. All the love.
All photos by the hubs...The Explorer Dad