Weekly Wonder - July 9
Ever have those days or weeks where you feel like your barely treading water because your to do list is a mile long? That was last week for me, for sure. I was hustling, hustling...
Highlights from the week:
- We are moving in about a month and I'm so excited. Our new house will be our first place that's not an apartment or condo (yay, for not sharing walls!). So, I spent a ton of time researching moving companies and hired one. I'll let you guys know if I recommend them post-move. We've been burned by movers before, so I was much more diligent in what I'm looking for this time around. We even got some boxes and packed a bit over the weekend. Trying to stay ahead of the game and I'm just really freaking excited. Also really going to miss this place...
- Jonas is going to turn 2 this weekend! I'm feeling all the feels as he's becoming more independent every day. He literally wants to do everything by himself. Thankfully he still wants to "hold me" and loves playing with me. All of this to say, I've been planning his birthday party. We found the cutest woodland creature party set at Target, so I'm rolling with that theme. So many people in my community are lending me wooden platters and tree stump stands and I'm so thankful. Very excited to celebrate him next weekend and see how it all turns out.
- Not going to lie, I am not great at styling hair. I rocked a pixie cut for a while because it was so easy to take care of. In the humid, hot Nashville summers, all I ever want to do is throw my hair in a ponytail. So, I'm very thankful for women who are awesome at hair and share their golden knowledge with the rest of us. My current favorite is Twist Me Pretty's summer ponytail tutorial...I've been rocking the first ponytail look from the video pretty much non-stop.
- Are any of you into the Enneagram? I've taken the test so many times and keep getting different numbers. The last time I took the test it was inconclusive and said I was either a 1w2 or a 2w1. While I'm still not 100% positive, the Sleeping at Last podcast has been so helpful in helping me learn more. And, the song he wrote about 2s made me cry, so I'm claiming a 2w1 for now. I'm interested to know what numbers you all are? And how you discovered which number you were? If you have no idea what I'm talking about, the intro to this podcast by Sleeping at Last is a great place to start. There are a million books and resources, so it's easy to get overwhelmed on this topic.
- I finished reading "Lead From Heart" by Mark Crowley. My work team at The Collective Global is reading it together because it's so relevant to what we do every day. The author compiled so much powerful research. I would recommend reading if you're a leader of people or interested in company culture.
That's all for this week. Thanks for being here and being you.
All pictures by The Explorer Dad