Weekly Wonder - June 25
Hi sweet friends and happy Monday night! It's been a while and I've missed sharing my life and thoughts with you all. I've spent time the past few months on internal soul and emotional work with things like yoga, reading, researching how to balance hormones and get rid of anxiety, journaling, meditating, and just having good old-fashioned introvert time. All fantastic and I don't plan to stop any of those things, but am feeling ready to turn a bit more outward and share more of my life, learning, experiences, and growth with you all. There is a season for everything and I'm so happy to be back to share and connect!
Here are 5 updates from my past week (in list form because lists are awesome):
1. I stepped into the role of COO at The Collective Global and am enjoying planning, building strategy, processes, and simply getting shit done. I love my company, work family, and am really loving my new role. I spent some time this week filming a few videos for our company LinkedIn that I'll share them here once they're ready! I'm not going to lie and say it was easy to step in front of a camera unscripted, but once I warmed up it was actually fun! Honesty time: hearing your recorded voice is one of the worst sounds ever.
2. We sold our current house! This is so exciting for us as we’re making a nice bit of money which will allow us to pay off a ton of our debt. The stressful part is that we have not found a new house to call home yet. We've been spending a ton of time looking at properties with our awesome best friend and realtor Josh Ellis. The housing market in Nashville is just crazy. We got to the point where we were going to make an offer only to find out the owners had accepted an offer just an hour earlier. Ugh! We are going to be homeless if we don’t find something soon! I kid, but not really.
3. The past two weeks have been a hugely awesome growing experience for me in the area of boundaries and powerful communication. I experienced an instance where my boundaries were crossed, so I stood up for myself and communicated my boundaries (go me!). As much as I hate confrontation and just want to reach a peaceful resolution, I'm learning that it's more important to communicate what I need instead of acquiescing. Stand up for yourself and honor your needs, girl! If you want to learn more about boundaries yourself, the book Boundaries: When To Say Yes, How To Say No To Take Control Of Your Life by Henry Cloud and John Townsend is a great place to start. Fair warning, I read this book years ago, so if it's really dated, please forgive me.
4. I’ve really been enjoying reading Woman Code: Perfect Your Cycle, Amplify Your Fertility, Supercharge Your Sex Drive, and Become a Power Source by Alisa Vitti. I’ve learned so many important things about my hormones, how they essentially effect everything (from anxiety to lack of energy), and most importantly how I can fix them. So excited to start implementing her recommendations. Truly a game changer.
5. We went real life, sleep outside without showering camping last weekend. This is not a drill. It was dirty, sweaty, exhausting, beautiful, peaceful, and amazing all at the same times. I’ll share the details about what we did and how I prepared in a future post.
All the magic for the rest of the week.
All pictures by The Explorer Dad