Lunch with Laura Lea: Dairy, Soy & Gluten Free Snacks
I recently stumbled upon the awesome Instagram of Laura Lea Goldberg, a certified holistic chef in Nashville. Her Instagram account is one of my favorites because of her stories where she speaks the truth and shares snacks and recipes all day! She's just so cute, kind and genuine. I reached out to her asking a few questions about my breastfeeding dietary restrictions. For those of you who don't know, I've had to cut out dairy, gluten and soy to breastfeed Jonas because he was having negative reactions. This is a difficult adjustment for someone who doesn't like cooking and whose favorite food group is pizza. All of this to say, she was kind enough to grab lunch with me at Sunflower Cafe (which was so so yum). We instantly connected and I just love this girl's heart. For those of you looking to eat a cleaner diet or mamas in the same boat as me, she also gave me some snack options for days I'm running around or don't have time to cook every meal. I've shared them below...
1) RX bars - these have been my absolute favorite. The Chocolate Sea Salt flavor is amazing.
2) Health Warrior Bars - really great snack option if you're not want something quite as filling as a RX Bar. Peanut Butter Cacao has been my favorite flavor.
4) Simple Mills Almond Flour Crackers (just make sure to get a non-cheese flavor) with hummus. These are amazing and Jonas loves them too. I can't pull them out without him wanting to share.
5) Siete Foods Chips with guac or salsa. I've posted about these on my Instagram story before...obsessed. The Nacho flavor is so so good.
6) Jackson’s Chips with chicken salad. So good! The Sea Salt & Vinegar flavor is so good I can eat an entire bag in one sitting (oops).
7) Epic Grass-fed Uncured Apple Bacon bars - it's bacon bars, of course they're amazing.
8) Forager Cashew Yogurt with Apples - my life has changed since the discovery of Cashewgurt. It's so dang good.
9) Banana and Justin’s Individual Nut Butter packets
10) Hard boiled egg covered in Old Bay seasoning
I've tried all of these and they are so good and much better than the trail mix and fruit diet I had been eating. If you're looking for more food inspiration, she also has a killer blog where she regularly shares healthy, easy and delicious recipes. Also, I'm so proud of her because she recently released a full blown cookbook! I just bought a copy and am so excited to try some of her recipes.
Would love to hear your thoughts if you try any of the snack recomendations or if you have any tips of your own!